Monday, May 26, 2014

My Experience at Beauty Con NYC

   On Saturday, Tammy and I attended Beauty Con in downtown NYC.  I bought these tickets months ago (missed out on the tix that included the goodie bag damn it!) and to be honest, I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  I knew it wasn't a shopping event like IMATS, and it was a Youtube heavy event, but other than that I didn't really know what we were walking in to.

    After reading several blog posts about the Beauty Con event in LA, I began to panic a bit.  The event seemed to be very disorganized with people waiting hours in lines and the crowds being insane.  Neither Tammy or I don't do well with crowds, but we decided to brave it anyway.



   The event started at 10 a.m., and we got there at about 12:30.  There was no line to get in, which was already a huge relief!  When we walked in it was packed, but not the wall to wall people like I had expected.   After walking around we saw a lot of booths with selfie props and what not and a few booths to do some shopping.

The vendors we saw were:

Tarte
Bare Minerals
Crown Brushes
Boohoo.com
Wildflower Phone Cases

    I didn't end up buying anything, but Tammy bought a Tarte lip color which was pretty decently discounted.  After getting a lay of the land, we decided we wanted to attend some of the panel discussions.

 First, was the Diva is a Female Version of a Hustler.  This was an amazing panel which included Makeupgeek's Marlena (one of my faves) and was all about building your brand, your business and turning your passion into a blog/youtube channel and then hopefully a career.



The panelists included:

Amber Venz of Venzedits.com
Coco & Breezy of Coco & Breezy Eyewear
Wendy Nguyen of Wendy'slookbook on Youtube
Soroya Darabi of Zady.com
Karen Blanchard of Wheredidugetthat.com
Marlena Stell aka Makeup Geek
Karissa Pukas of Saturdaynightsalrite on Youtube
Keiko Lynn of Keikolynn.com

The second panel discussion we attended was In Your Own Skin: Being Your Self(ie). This event was much more popular than the first, as a lot of the BIG beauty vloggers were the panelists.  This discussion was so cute and was really about self esteem and being comfortable in your own skin.  If you need an ego boost, I would watch this discussion online.



The panelists included:

Kandee Johnson
Dulce Candy
Gigi Gorgeous 
Evelina Barry
Nadia Aboulhosn 
Itsmyraerae of Youtube
Christina Topacio 
Sunkissalba of Youtube
Ruthie Friedlander of Elle.com
Alexa Losey

The lines sort of prevented us (and by us I mean me) from cashing in on a lot of the freebies at the event, however we did get some goodies.  We got adorable temporary tattoos and FULL-SIZE BareSkin foundation from Bare Minerals which is their first liquid foundation and costs $29!




I had a great time and wasn't one of those girls who went crazy over seeing Youtubers……until I met SunkissAlba!!! Seriously, how gorgeous is she?  




All in all, I really enjoyed this event.  The panel discussions really invigorated my love and drive for blogging and really made me want to be a part of the beauty blogger community.  If anyone ever knows of any beauty/fashion related or blogging related events in the New York tri-state area, please let me know!




No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by