Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Review: Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation

   A few months back I bought the Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Complexion Kit which contained this serum foundation.  I've been not only looking for a foundation for my soon to be self-tanned skin, but I wanted a foundation that had some skin benefits to it as well.

  When I read up on the Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation I decided this would be a good one to try!  It's a bit on the pricey side, but I figure if it has skin care benefits to it as well as providing coverage, it's like a two in one!



Foundation-less Skin
As you can see I have a lot of redness and freckles in my skin.  Also, some massive pores.  I knew this foundation was light to medium coverage, but I was hoping to just even things out a bit and not necessarily cover and mattify everything.




As you can see this foundation comes out white.  It is one of those foundations that adjusts with the color of your skin.




Still white when only dabbed onto your face.  It needs to blended or rubbed in, in order for it to match.


 Skin With Foundation

As you can see this REALLY evens things out and even covers a lot of the redness in my cheeks and around my nose.  I've tried this on my pale skin and my self-tanned skin and it has adjusted to both shades nicely.

Finish: This foundation gives off a slightly dewy finish.  It gives a very luminous look, not recommended where a lot of flash photography will be going on.

Coverage: Light to medium

Lasting Power: This lasts me most of my work day.  I am not oily or sweaty (yet), so this lasts pretty nicely on my skin.  It also fades generally all over my face and not splotchy or in random places like some other foundations I've used.

Good for: Dry skinned gals, those who want some moisture in their foundation, those looking for a dewy or luminous finish and those who alternate between natural color and light self tanning

Would I repurchase?: Yes!  For every day wear this stuff is great and makes my skin really glow




1 comment:

Tammy W. said...

I wanted to love this, but it color matched kinda orange on me. I think you had more success because your skin is dry.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by