Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Beauty Favorites

   So glad that May is over as that means that school is almost over!  While I really loved (most of) my class this year, I'll be glad when I don't have to hear "Ms. L" over 1,000 times a day and be surrounded by 8 year old girl drama (oh it exists!).

   May was a pretty decent beauty month for me.  With the exception of some chin area break outs, my skin has not been sucking and my hair has been not rebelling against me everyday!

Here are the beauty products that helped me look my best in May!


Makeup Favorites

*Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
Now I have never tried the Beauty Blender so I can't compare the two, but I don't think I will ever need to spend the insane amount on the BB because this works so well!  If you haven't yet tried this out to apply your thicker foundations, I recommend you do so ASAP.

*Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Poppy Paradise
I REALLY love this cream blush and the amazing pop of color it leaves on my cheeks.  I was a bit concerned the coconut oil would be too heavy for my cheeks, but it worked beautifully.

*Bonne Bell Liplites in Strawberry Parfait
Oh this lip color is love!  I have been searching for this color for literally years because I heard it's a dupe for Nars Turkish Delight.  I have never tried that, but based on the looks I can't say this is an exact dupe.  However, this color is gorgeous.  It's a bit of a goopy texture, but it doesn't bother me.  I've read it's only sold at Wal-Mart's but I found mine at my local Harmon's.

*Silk Naturals Kisser Slicker in Rare Berry
This is a tinted balm from Silk Naturals and I really love it.  This is a very pigmented balm and gives a good "popsicle stained" lip look.  I am really interested in trying more lip colors from Silk Naturals as I'm super impressed!

Swatches


*JM Cheek Gelee in Poppy Paradise
*BB Liplites in Strawberry Parfait
*Silk Naturals Kisser Slicker in Bare Berry

Skin Care/ Hair Care Favorites


*Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Threat Invigorating Shampoo
This shampoo is really great for getting all of the gunk out of your hair.  It's a bit too stripping to use more than once a week, but a weekend deep cleaning it works amazingly well.

*Alba Botanica Hawaiian Moisture Cream- I began using this cream as a daytime moisturizer a while back.  I don't like that it's in a pot form (seems so unsanitary!) but I have been loving this cream!  It's almost like it really hydrates my areas that are still dry, but doesn't over hydrate the oily areas.  Only downside is it doesn't have an SPF, but my makeup does so for a normal workday this is effective enough.



What beauty products have you been reaching for lately?  

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by