Friday, June 13, 2014

My Favorite Fitness Apps

People say that a sedentary lifestyle can lead to a lot of weight gain and that's totally true.  Considering how long we spend on our cell phones I feel a lot of us do fall victim to a sedentary lifestyle.  However, a Smartphone can provide a lot of inspiration and assistance in losing weight or toning up.  

Here's a peek at my favorite fitness/weight loss apps:

My Fitness Pal


My Fitness Pal is one of the most popular weight loss apps and for good reason.  This is great for those who are counting calories or for those who just want to log their food and exercise.  Their food database is really expansive and it even breaks down your macronutrients.  
While I don't recommend counting calories as a long term solution, it is great to see how many calories you may consume in a day and where you can make some healthy changes.


 Seconds

Have you ever seen those Instagram workouts?  Where it says 30 seconds of jumping jacks and then 30 seconds of lunges?  Well, who wants to be fumbling with their phone and a timer!  This app is awesome.  You can create a workout and a time so you can create your own routines.  The free app you aren't able to save your routines, but it doesn't take long to make them.


 Blogilates

Blogilates is and has been one of my favorite online fitness personalities. Her app does not disappoint.  What I like best about the app is the recipe swap board.  I have gotten so many great recipe ideas from the people who post here.


 Nike Training Club

If you are looking for a trainer, but can't afford one then try this Nike Training app.  Enter your basic information and your goal (weight loss, toning, etc.) and the app provides a ton of workout options ranging from 15 minutes to an hour.  It has videos to show you how to do the moves as well.  This is quickly becoming my new favorite fitness app.

I am always, ALWAYS looking for new fitness/recipe/healthy living apps and would love to have any recommendations!

Thanks for reading loves!

1 comment:

Stevie Hanna said...

I LOVE myfitnesspal. I also really love "Runkeeper" ...it's sort of like your Nike app. Good post!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by