Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Summer Beauty Essentials

 Summer is a time where makeup can be fun and wild or completely care free.  Summer is a time I like to go light on the face makeup and a bit fun with my eye or lip makeup.

Here are my summer 2014 beauty essentials!

&#10084 Face &#10084

*Cream Eyeshadow*
Cream shadow is a great product to use day to day.  I love this cream shadow stick by Mally in the color Twilight.  Cream shadows are great to just swipe on, smudge out a bit and be on your way!

*Waterproof Eyeliner*
No one likes the raccoon look and it's very easy to have a liner melt down with all of the moisture in the air and sweaty lids.  A waterproof liner is a great investment to make for any time of the year, but especially during the summer.

*Bright lip color*
I love, love, love bright glosses for the summer.  This bright lip color from Elf called Evil Queen is a bright and fun wash of color on the lips.  

*BB/CC Cream or Tinted Moisturizer*
Hot and humid weather + full face of makeup can equal a disaster!  This is the time to let your skin breathe and apply only a light layer of face makeup.  Plus, your face is probably a bit tan which helps blur out minor imperfections.  I have been reaching for my Physician's Formula CC+ Cream almost daily.

*Primer*
A primer is a tres important makeup product anytime of year, but I find it most important during the summer months.  The primer creates a barrier between your skin and BB cream and helps prevent it from slipping off of your face.  

*Oil Control Product*
Whether it be an oil control spray, blotters or a mattifying powder, you are going to want to keep an oil control product with you at all times!  This Oil Control Mist from Nature Republic is the best at keeping the greasies at bay.


&#10084  Body &#10084

*Light Summer Scent*
Summer is not the time for a musky or heavy scent.  Switch to a body spray in a fun and summery scent.  I find that VS Pink makes the best summer sprays, like this one in Spring Break.

*Self Tanner*
Who doesn't a bomb dot com self tanner??  No one wants to be wrinkly because of their tan, so slap on the SPF and a self tanner for a safe bronze glow.  This self tanner from Million Dollar Tan is amazing.  It's frequently sold on Hautelook.

*Sunscreen*
Sun protection is the number one tool in fighting off anti-aging.  Look for a more natural SPF to keep your skin healthy and happy.  I love this Honest Sunscreen from the Honest Company (which will soon be sold at Target!)


&#10084  Hair &#10084

*Frizz Control Product*
Just like your makeup routine should be made a bit more low maintenance, so should your hair routine. I prefer to leave my hair alone during the summer months and either let it air dry or try a variety of heat free curling techniques.  Due to the lack of heat on my hair, my hair tends to frizz up big time.  It's important to have a frizz fighter in your arsenal.  My favorite is this Nourishing Serum from The ALl Natural Face.

*Beach Spray*
Even straight hair girls can benefit from a sea salt spray.  A great beach spray gives hair amazing texture and body without heat.  This Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray is awesome, but only if you plan on washing your hair everyday.



These are my summer beauty essentials.  

Did I miss anything important?

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by