Wednesday, July 9, 2014

DIY Cheap Frame/Decor Revamp

   I have recently become addicted to fashion prints and illustrations.  They can be printed from the internet for free, or purchased on Etsy by incredibly talented artists.
 
  A few months ago I bought 2 beautiful prints from Melsy's Illustrations from Etsy.


I bought two frames from Ikea, and while they were cute, they just weren't cute enough for what I had in mind.  I wanted a Tiffany blue mat to go in the frame.  Turns out they don't make them and it costs an arm and a leg to get them custom made.  I had an idea….



I bought same paint and 16 of these sponge things for a $1 and painted the mat in the frame.  I am SO in love with the end result!


How amazing do these look?  The colored frame just makes these images pop so much more.  I tried using a paintbrush first, and it came out too streaky, but the sponge painters worked amazingly.  I can't wait to get the proper hardware to hang these beauties up!


No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by