Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Fabulously Not Rich Review: bareMinerals bareSkin Foundation

   Back in May, Tammy of Not a Rich Girl, and I attended BeautyCon NY.  It was a great time and while we were put off by some of the long lines, we did end up walking away with a few free goodies. One of those goodies was the bareMinerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation (try saying that 3 times fast!).  Since we both received this product, we decided this would be our next Fabulously Not Rich Review!

   A reminder about my skin type- I am dry, incredibly sensitive and pale as a ghost.  I have also been suffering from a reaction around my nose lately so my skin is incredibly red.

    Tammy's skin is oily, sensitive and much darker than mine.  Read HERE to see how this foundation worked for her beautiful skin.

Here's how it worked for mine.
My shade is Bare Satin 06 and only works if I had self tanned.

I'm only going to post one pre-makeup picture as it's terrifying.  Notice the redness around my nose.  I think it is coming from my new Mario Badescu face wash. :/

Here is a picture of my skin with just my primer on and the foundation.  As you can see it provides very nice coverage just on its own.  The redness around my nose has all but disappeared and the bumps are only slightly showing through.  Quite impressive!


Here's a finished look.  As you can see this foundation covers quite nicely and leaves a dewy and luminous finish.  I top this foundation with a very light layer of  Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Powder Foundation because I find this foundation stays wet for a while and it can definitely transfer.  However, applying this powder foundation on top really helps!



These pictures were taken when I got home about 5 and a half hours later.  I only went to dinner and out for drinks.  As you can see the redness around my nose is back with a vengeance and I'm looking quite a bit shiny (which is odd because I'm pretty dry!).

Review:

When I first got this foundation I had trouble finding a proper way to apply it.  I didn't want to purchase the brush that it is advertised with, but none of my brushes were working with it.  I watched a video (I think it was Nicole Guerriero) who mentioned using it with the Beauty Blender and I haven't looked back since!  It applies beautifully with my Real Techniques Blending Sponge- no more brush marks.  However, this baby does not set!  If I didn't apply a powder foundation over it, I think it would be wet hours later.

I LOVE the way this foundation looks in person and even on camera.  It covers a lot of my imperfections and makes my skin look radiant.  HOWEVER, this foundation lasts 3-4 hours on my max.  This is a go out to dinner and maybe dessert type of foundation and thats it.  After the third hour it almost disappears from my nose and chin.  

I just can't recommend this foundation or give it the hype that almost everyone on YT seems to be giving it.  Don't get me wrong, this is my go to first date foundation, but for day to day or even for special events I can't recommend it because it just doesn't last on me.

This is just my take on it!  Let's see how Tammy liked it!!

Love our Fabulously Not Rich Review? Here's all of them to date!

The All Natural Face Strawberries and Cream Face Food Fruit Facial Wash

Stephen Knoll Hydro Repair Mist Styling Lotion

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by