Sunday, August 10, 2014

Style Sunday: The Anatomy of an Interview Outfit

   Tomorrow I have a job interview and on top of stressing out about my answers to those age old interview questions (what's your biggest weakness?") I also used to always stress out about what to wear!  About a year ago I created my perfect go to interview outfit and I wanted to share my essentials with you!


A Sheath Dress


A sheath dress is chic without looking matronly.  It's fitted without being revealing.  For so long I thought I had to wear a suit to an interview, and unless you are working in a corporate environment, you can get away with a sheath dress in a neutral color.  Make sure it's an appropriate length with your heels on and that the material doesn't tug anywhere.

Black Heels


This is not the time for your strappy, open toed or super high shoes.  This is the time for a classic, 2-3 inch heel pump.  Even though open toe is more acceptable nowadays, I still wouldn't wear it for an interview.

Studs


The only jewelry I would recommend is a small pair of diamond or pearl stud earrings.  They are simple and brighten up your face.

Black Tote


My tote is usually where I like to add my bit of personality or pizazz to my interview outfit.  I usually tie a colorful silk scarf around the handle to add a bit of color.  A tote is big enough to carry your portfolio or full size notepad and a copy or two of your resume!

These are my steps for a fool proof interview ensemble.  Tomorrow I'll be posting a picture of my go to outfit on my Facebook page!  

Do you tend to go more casual or more conservative on an interview? 




1 comment:

K said...

I currently do the interviewing for applicants to my company, and I also like to wear a sheath dress. How did your interview go? I'm sure you were great!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by