Sunday, August 31, 2014

Style Sunday: Make It Stop 2.0

     A while back, I posted some trends that I wish would just go away.  I had so much fun doing that, as I have some strong opinions regarding fashion- that I've decided to do it again!
     Fashion is so great, because it gives anyone and everyone the ability to express themselves without even seeing a word.  A trend that I loathe, may come from a place of hating or just disbelief.  A trend that I hate, may be a trend that you love and that's the best part of fashion- we don't have to agree!

This Off The Shoulder Trend


I love off the shoulder shirts, but this is one I just don't get.  I think it's only flattering on super skinny girls with small chests, so maybe that's why I dislike it?  It's just not a trend I can get behind!

The Midi Length Dress/Skirt


Maybe it's because I'm short, but I just wonder what real life woman this trend works on?  The midi length hits at the most unflattering part of the leg and just makes me look stumpy.  PASS!

Fringed Kimono


Here's one I will get a lot of flack for.  I am a fan of the kimono, actually quite like the kimono.  However, I'm not a fringed kimono fan.  I think it takes this from a trend to a costume.  

Short Overalls


Why?  Why are overalls coming back? I just can't get on board with this whole 90's resurgence.  There's a reason why it stayed in the past for so long, please keep it there!!

The Flatform Sandal


I'm posting about these for the SECOND time, because they just won't go away! The ugly sandal trend I can take with some colorful Birkenstocks, but the flatform?  I just can't!  I've seen these all over the fashion blogosphere, but never once have seen them on a person in real life.  

❤ ❤ 

I apologize if I offended anyone who may love one of these trends, this is just my personal opinion.  I had to write this post today, because I call this my "Joan Rivers post" and as my girl is fighting for her life I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. <3 p="">

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by