Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August Beauty Favorites

    August is usually a month that is not my favorite.  It's grossly hot and sticky and it means summer is almost over.  However, this August was different.  This August brought upon beautiful temperature and low humidity (until this week) AND the news that I got a new job.  After years of being a teaching assistant, after years of debating whether education was for me, I got a full time teaching position!  So August wasn't too shabby of a month for me.

   So on to the beauty products that I was reaching for in August, that great month!


*Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes*

I have been seeing Instagram pictures for months on the 3d lashes, and didn't really believe it.  Well in July my blogger biffer Tammy became a Younique Presenter and had a lash party.  I of course had to order some mascara and to support her and well-it was love at first application!  I loved it so much, that I decided to become a presenter myself!  
Click here to check out my site! So exciting!

*Cargo Blush in Mendocino*

I've had this Cargo blush for quite a while, and it seems like I reach for it every summer.  It's a bit on the shimmery side, but the deeper color just looks great on a tan, and almost replicates that little bit of sunburn on the cheeks that looks so youthful.

*Milani Baked Bronzer in Sunset*

Tammy sent me this when it didn't' work for her.  I'm glad she did, as it works beautifully for me!  This isn't a color I would contour with, as it has a bit of shimmer, but it's great to apply for a bit of a glow.  I will be using this as my summer tan begins to fade.

*Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner Trio in Warm Nude Eyes*

I bought this when Rite Aid was having their BOGO free deal on all Physician's Formula makeup.  It comes in a trio and this is my favorite color by far.  It looks beautiful smudged under the lash line and the slight shimmer helps brighten up the whites of my eyes.

*Physicans Formula Super BB All in 1 Beauty Balm Concealer in Light/Medium*

I also bought this during the BOGO event, and at first it wasn't love, but it has grown on me very quickly.  This is not an under eye concealer for those super exhausted days, but for a regular day this stuff works and really brightens.  Wait to buy this on sale, as Physicians Formula is ALWAYS on sale somewhere, some week!


 Swatches
Cargo Blush
Milani Bronzer
PF Eyeliner


What beauty products were you reaching for during the last official month of summer?  

Have you tried any of my August favorites?

3 comments:

K said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the job!

Courtney McCarthy said...

Younique lashes has been on my list of products I want to try! Great ingredients for this type of product. Does the company have samples to try?

Courtney McCarthy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by