Monday, November 10, 2014

Cruelty Free Unboxing: Petit Vour October Box

   I love getting mail.  Ok, let me clarify.  I hate getting bills and all of that boring stuff, but I love getting catalogs and magazines and letters and packages.

   To give myself some mail to look forward to as well as a variety I have decided to subscribe to a different cruelty free or natural subscription box every month.

   This first month's box was Petit Vour.  Petit Vour is one of the most, if not the most popular cruelty free subscription box.  It's $15 a month for US subscribers and contains 4-5 generous sized samples of beauty or personal care products.

Here is what I got in October's box:


I loved the theme of this month's box -Beauty Thrillers.  The packaging is cute and very girly.


*Forager Natural Eau de Perfume in Nectar*
Sample Size
Full price: $98

Ok, I would never spend so much on a perfume, but this one did smell quite lovely.  I'm more of a warm and sweet scented type of gal though, so this citrusy like scent wasn't my favorite.

*Lavina Argan Oil*
Sample Size
Full Size: $35

I love argan oil and frequently use it on my hair or body.  However, I have so many bottles of Josie Maran's Argan Oil, that I will probably be giving this one away.

*Flo + Theo Lavender Flower Body Butter*
Sample Size
Full Size: $28

I love getting body butters in my subscription boxes because it's one product that is guaranteed to be used!  This is a very soothing and feminine scent.  I heard lavender is good to help induce sleep so I may keep this on my bedside table.

*Schmidt's Bergamot + Lime Natural Deodorant*
Sample Size
Full Size: $9

So this is a product I was actually excited to get.  I have heard so much about this natural deodorant and will definitely be giving it a try.  I do find it a bit weird to be rubbing this onto my arm pits, but if it works I'll take weird.

*Pacifica Devocean Natural Lipstick in Rebel Sol*
Full Size: $14

So this was my one full size product and I was so happy to get this!  I have heard amazing things about this product and also about Pacifica lip products.  I'm worried that this color will make my teeth appear yellow, but it glides on so smoothly and the packaging is so stunning.  If I like the formula I definitely plan on purchasing more colors.

All in all I would tie this box a B+.  The lipstick itself almost paid for the whole box and I will be using/trying 3 out of the 5 products which is a pretty good ratio for me.  Stay tuned to see which box I will be receiving next month!




Rebel Sol Swatch..look how creamy!

1 comment:

Tammy W. said...

This box looks freakin amazing!! I used a deodorant that I had to rub on for a while, but stopped using it because it made me itch like crazy. Really high levels of baking soda can do that...Currently LOVING the Weleda spray deodorant.

I think I may sign up for this box soon.

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by