Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sweater Weather Tag

  The temperatures have been back and forth here in New York-ranging from 40's to even 70's.  However, this week the cold temps have finally set in and it feels as though they are here to stay.  Now that the weather actually matches fall/early winter, I thought it was time to do the Sweater Weather Tag!




1. Favorite candle scent?
I have been trying to cut down on my candle buying lately, as I have so many to go through.  So the one I have been burning since summer ended is Yankee Candle Triple Chocolate Cake.  If you love dessert/decadent scents than this one is totally for you.


2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Actually all 3.  There's nothing better than starting my morning with a hot cup of coffee. (Looking for sweet K-cup recommendations!) On weekends when I'm just hanging out at home watching movies, I love having a cup of hot chocolate.  I have these dark hot chocolate k-cups that are so delicious!  And finally, when it's really chilly in the evening I love ending my night with a cup of Trader Joe's Sleepy Tea.


3. What's the best fall memory you have?
My grandparents always used to take my apple and pumpkin picking when I was little and those were always the best.  I don't know what I ever did with all of those apples, as I didn't become a big apple eater until I was a teenager.

My other favorite fall memories come from attending Penn State games.  When I was little my dad and I would book a hotel room like an hour from Penn State and drive to the stadium with a sign in the window saying we needed tickets.  Every time we did that we would have tickets before we even got to the stadium because people would honk and stop us on the highway.  When I got to attend games as a student it just all came full circle.


4. Which makeup trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eyeliner? 

I am LOVING the dark lips trend.  I have been trying to rock this trend, but my lips have been so dry and gross lately that it's been hard.  The color that I have been trying to pull off is Bite Beauty's Pomegranate. 


5. Best fragrance for fall?

I wish I had a fall fragrance.  I have been trying to cut down on my fragrance purchases so the only perfume I have been using lately is Victoria Secret's Kiss.


6. Favorite Thanksgiving food?

Funny story, I haven't had turkey for Thanksgiving for the past 5 years.  I spent Thanksgiving with my mom, aunt, grandma and my mom's side of the family in Queens.  All of our places are too small to cater to a full Thanksgiving meal so we go out to eat.  The place we have been going for the last few years happens to have the BEST penne a la vodka ever invented so that's been my favorite Thanksgiving food.


7. What is autumn weather like where you live?

In New York we have a true Autumn.  Not a wear a sweater on top and bare legs on the bottom- that just doesn't work here!  Autumn here can range from the 20's (like last night) to the low 70's.  Usually 40s-50s.  Oh and we have the most beautiful foliage ever.


8. Most worn sweater?


I unfortunately do not have any cute/ fallsy sweaters.  I have plenty of sweaters, but they are all boring work sweaters.  Can I say that I want this one to be my most worn sweater?


9. Must-have nail polish this fall?

have been all about jewel tones lately, especially emerald.  I really want to get my hands on this Zoya polish called Giovanna.



10. Football games or jumping in leaf piles?

Oh come on!  Football games all day long!  Even though I have zero athletic ability, I love throwing a football around and attempting to catch it.


11. Skinny jeans or leggings?

Can I just say both?  I live for both skinny jeans and thicker leggings.  My favorite winter weight leggings are from Zara.


12. Combat boots or Uggs?

I have not been able to jump on the combat boot wagon, so I'm still all about the Uggs.  I always feel like I look like a college kid when I go out in my leggings and Uggs.


13. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?

Ok, I HATE pumpkin spice.  I always joke that I must not be an official white girl because I can't stand the taste of pumpkin spice.  However, I do love the scent of it.


14. Favorite fall TV show?


I really love all of the Real Housewives Shows, but my favorite new fall show has been How To Get Away With Murder.  It's a show I have to watch on demand because that show requires my FULL attention.

15. What song really gets you into the fall spirit?

This is going to sound so random, but the song that has really gotten me into the fall spirit this year is Centuries by Fall Out Boy, because it plays during most college football games.  

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by