Saturday, December 27, 2014

Top 14 of 2014: Makeup Edition

        I'm not even going to start this off with "OMG, I can't believe 2014 is over", because a new year does tend to happen every January 1st.    I am going to start this off by saying I have a great year trying out tons of new products.  I'm proud to say I haven't bought a cosmetic product tested on animals in all of 2014 and will continue that practice in 2015.  

       My cruelty free journey has led me to give up on a lot of brands that I really loved, but has led to me discovering a lot of new favorites.  

   Face


*Josie Maran Coconut Water Cheek Gelee*

I have two of these babies and they are beyond amazing! The pigmentation is gorgeous and they spread and blend like a dream.  During the summer I wear just these and during a night out I wear these layered underneath a powdered blush.

*Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge*

Since I bought this sponge somewhere towards the middle of the year, I haven't even looked at a foundation brush.  This sponge applies any type of foundation so beautifully it's amazing.  It's also so cheap, there's no reason why you shouldn't be using this!

*Physician's Formula CC+ Cream*

Tammy sent me my first bottle of this and I have repurchased it two times since then.  This stuff is just amazing!  It's my everyday foundation and it blends so beautifully into my skin.  Do I think it should be named a true BB/CC cream? No.  Does it make my skin look great and not break me out? Yes!  If you are looking for a light to medium coverage day to day foundation, I urge you to try this!

*Wet and Wild Coverall Cream Foundation*

While the CC+ cream has been my perfect day to day foundation, this has been my go to full coverage/special event foundation.  This foundation is less than $4 and it beats my Bare Minerals and Korres foundations.  The shade range is kind of limited, but if you play around and mix some shades it can be perfect!

*Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (not pictured)*

I can't find my Chocolate Soleil bronzer and I am mildly freaking out.  This is the most amazing, brown based bronzer AND it smells like chocolate!  It's the best summer time bronzer of all time. Oh, and it smells like chocolate.

*Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Powder Foundation*

I received this in a Josie Maran kit and it is love!  I never use a powder foundation on it's own, but I top my CC cream with this and the coverage is just beautiful!  It's the perfect shade whether I'm wintery pale or a bit bronzed in the summer.

*Younique Touch Cream Foundation*

Younique is known for their mineral foundations and while I'm interested to try them, I wasn't ready to jump on that powder foundation bandwagon yet.  I gave this a try and didn't like it as an all over foundation.  However, when I tried it as a concealer on blemishes or red spots I was blown away!  The coverage on this is fantastic and it blends so beautifully.  If you are looking for a high coverage concealer that will last you FOREVER, please give this a try! 

Eyes


*Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette*

….staying on the chocolate theme!  This palette is gorgeous.  It's a great variety of neutrals and bronzy smokey shades.  There are so many looks you can get from this palette I really consider it a must buy.  Oh, AND it smells like chocolate :)

*Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash Mascara*

I tried this mascara for the first time over the summer and within a few weeks of using it, I became so hooked I signed up to become a Younique presenter!  This mascara is just amazing and for someone who is incapable of properly applying falsies, this is a Godsend.  If you haven't tried this mascara yet, I really don't know what you're waiting for.

*Milani Easyliner in Espresso*

This liner has become my daily liner and I don't know why it took me so long to try a dark brown liner as opposed to a black liner.  I am quite pale and sometimes a black liner just looks too harsh or too "evening".  This soft brown liner lines beautifully and blends out softly to create a perfect day time look.

*Wet and Wild Melrose at Midnight Palette*

Within the first time of using this palette it became an instant favorite.  The pigmentation and quality of these shadows is just amazing.  Some of these colors are supposedly dupes for the Naked 3 Palette, but I have created so many beautiful, soft, smokey looks with this palette that I am seriously hooked.

*Younique Moodstruck Minerals Pigment in Sexy*

I received all of the Younique pigments in my Presenters kit, but this one quickly became a favorite.  It's a beautifully soft shimmery off white and this has become my go to every day look with the Milani liner.  They blend beautifully and can be soft and subtle when used dry or pigmented and opaque when applied wet.

 Lips


*Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil*

I'm not big on bold lip colors, but I bought the High Pigment Lip Pencil tin for Christmas and these are beautifully!  I love using a lip pencil for an all over lip color because of it's precision control.  These are soft and non-drying and super pigmented.  A must try I believe.

*Whitening Lightning Color Your Smile Lip Gloss*

I ordered 3 of these and I love all of them!  They are beautifully pigmented and glide on so nicely.  They don't last very long, but not a lot of glosses do.  Also, they have a mirror on them and a light!  How perfect is that?

Shop all of my 2014 favorites here!

Shop my Younique products here!

There you have it, my makeup favorites of 2014!  Did we have any of the same favorites?  I would love to know!


No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by