Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Resolutions

   The time has come where everyone is posting those oh so believable "New Year, New Me" posts and making a super long list of resolutions.  I must admit,  I am usually that person who is writing that long list of resolutions.  I had planned on doing that same thing yet again, until I watched a video that Mae did about choosing a word of the year.  This word can sort of guide your resolutions and goals for the year.




     On New Years Eve as I was sitting with my best friend we decided to come up with our words of the year.  He came up with the word pampering as he works non-stop and forgets to take care of himself.  My word of 2015 is going to be manage.

   Why manage?  I chose manage for several reasons.

1.  I need to manage my time better.

This was a big one as I came up with the word manage.  When I get home from work I am usually so DONE that I just lay on the couch the whole night and veg out.  Some nights I get home as early as 4:30 why in the world aren't I working out or writing my blogs or reading a book?  As exhausted or as drained as I feel I need to force myself to come home and workout, write my blog, do something for myself, do something for work, etc.  That's so much lost time!



2.  I need to manage my portion sizes

2014 was the year that I made the most positive changes in my life in terms of health and fitness, but unfortunately I am never able to consistently stick to them.  When I look at my overall diet the problem that sticks out the most to me is portion sizes.  The crap I eat may not be as bad if I ate the proper serving size of it.  It's time to pay close attention to portion/serving sizes and force myself to learn and to adapt.


3. I need to manage my stress

Due to the fact that it's my first year being a full time teacher and I'm untenured and teaching a very non-traditional class I have a much higher level of stress than I have had in previous years.  I need to get my stress under control and not lean on wine or junk food or mini panic attacks.  I want to look into some yoga classes and definitely journal more.



4.  I need to manage my finances.

Within a few weeks I will be paying a mortgage, maintenance , cable, electricity, etc. for the first time in my life.  While I have been saving a lot of money while living at home, I know that I will need to create and follow a proper budget for the first time.  



4.  I need to manage my expectations.

I'm turning 30 in 2 weeks and for a while I had panicked about this, a lot.  By the time I was 30 I thought I would've been married with children.  Obviously that is not the case.  However, by the time I turn 30 I will be a home owner.  I didn't have any help from my parents, I did this on my own and that's pretty amazing.  I also have a job that stresses me out but fills me with love and hope everyday.  I have friends that make me smile and make me feel loved constantly.  I also have a family that support me every step of the way.  I may not be where I thought I would be, but that doesn't mean that I have failed.






So manage will be word of 2015, what will yours be?

 

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by