Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year's Empties

    While this empties post is my first empties post of 2015, it's technically my last batch of empties of 2014.  This garbage has been sitting around in it's sparkly shopping bag under my desk for quite a while.  Looking at this batch of empties I think it's the most makeup I've ever went through.



Hair 


*Living Proof Full Conditioner*

I bought this in a Living Proof set and I must say, I wasn't blown away by the products.  I didn't notice any more volume or lift with these products than I do with my drugstore hair products.  I won't be repurchasing.

*Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse*

Same disappointment with this mousse as with the conditioner.  I won't be repurchasing.

*Batiste Dry Shampoo*

I can honestly see why this product receives so much hype.  This in combination with my blow out/straightening routine as had enabled me to wash my hair way less often.  I've already repurchased this.

Body Care


*The Fortune Cookie Soap Make it Rain Whipped Cream*

We all know I love the FCS whipped creams.  While this one isn't my favorite scent, I made do with it and it more than thoroughly moisturized my skin.

*The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter*

This stuff did smell heavenly, but it was the tiniest bit greasy.  Also, The Body Shop is no longer cruelty free so I won't be repurchasing.

*Lavanilla The Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Coconut*

I have been on the hunt for a super effective natural deodorant for a while now.  This one sort of met the bill.  If it's not a very sweaty situation, this one works amazingly, if my day didn't involve sweating, this would be a winner.  I repurchased a smaller size one to keep in my purse.

*EOS Shave Cream in Lavandar Jasmine*

I purchased this in a pinch over the summer.  I really liked it, but it doesn't compare to my Trader Joe's Shave Cream.

*Bath and Body Works Honolulu Sun Hand Soap*

This was a yummy summer scent and I love my Bath and Body Works soaps, but I am so saddened that they are no longer cruelty free.

Skin Care


*Yes to Carrots Face Wipes*

This was another product I had to buy in a pinch and it was another sort of let down.  There was nothing that I didn't like about it, but I love my Yes to Cucumbers Wipes.

*Arbonne FC5 Hydrating Eye Creme*

I bought this from a friend who used to sell Arbonne and I actually really enjoyed it.  However, I have been so hooked on my Younique eye serum that I don't see myself buying anything else for quite a while.

*Konjac sponge*

I got this from Kay in a swap quite a while ago and I can't wait to try out another Konjac sponge!  These things are awesome and my skin feels so clean afterwards.  



Makeup


*PF Organic Wear Mascara*

This is my second favorite mascara behind my Younique mascara.  I already have 3 backups which I purchased during CVS Semi-Annual Sale.

*ELF 3 in 1 Mascara*

This stuff SUCKED! This isn't even empty I just had to throw it away.

*PF Super BB All in 1 Balm Concealer*

This stuff is pretty awesome! I wouldn't say it's full coverage by any means, but it's a brightening enough concealer that it works well on a daily basis.  I have already repurchased a backup of this.

*ELF Studio Concealer*

This is another product that's not technically empty.  I've had this concealer for so long that though it had to be kicked to the curb.  I don't remember loving this though when I actually did use it.

*Too Faced Shadow Insurance*

I have so many eye primers and I have to say I really enjoy this one.  I have quite a few to test out though so I don't know if I will be repurchasing this one.

*Tarte Poreless Primer*

I enjoyed this primer so much that I cut open the tube to use it all up.  This stuff is really amazing, but Tarte is no longer technically cruelty free so I won't be repurchasing.  Plus, I have actually been enjoying my ELF primer.

*Physician's Formula CC+ Cream*

This has been my go to daily foundation for quite a while.  I have already repurchased and will continue to do so.

*Real Techniques Blending Sponge*

I don't know how I lived so long without this sponge in my life.  It is now pretty much the only way I apply my foundation.  I have already repurchased a second one.

*Essence Stay All Day Shadow*

This is another product that is not empty, but it unfortunately dried out.  I love using cream shadows and this one was one my of favorites.  I will have to make an Ulta trip to repurchase soon.

Finally, I can throw all of these things out!  Let's see what my next batch of empties brings about!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by