Sunday, March 1, 2015

February Beauty Favorites

     I know February is the shortest month, but it honestly felt like the longest month.  That may be due to the fact that February brought snow storm after snow storm to New York as well as beyond frigid temperatures.

   However, despite the weather I ended up having a great February as I closed on my co-op!  I had to look fashionable while dealing with all of that real estate stuff so here are the beauty items I reached for the most during the cold month of February!


*Younique Lucrative Lipgloss in Lovesick*
This beautiful lipgloss was part of Younique's February Beauty Bundle.  At first sight I didn't know if it would be a color that I would like.  However, when applied to the lips it looks almost nothing like in the packaging.  It takes on a beautiful lollipop/cherry slush like color with a hint of sparkle.  It's a very brightening color and really brings life to my pale winter face.

*Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette*
I've had this palette for quite a while and normally only busted it out for special events, but considering my skin is SO dull this winter I decided to use it daily.  I use the skin toned shade (Dim Light) as a sort of all over finishing powder, the bronzer (Radiant Light) as a light contour and the highlight shade (Incandescent Light) as you guessed it…a highlight!  

*Elf Studio Contour Brush*
I have never ever been able to achieve the perfect outer v shape while doing my face makeup.  That is until I purchased this $3 brush!  This brush is the perfect shape and density to make a flawless outer v.  I highly recommend this brush if you ever struggled with achieving that beautiful eye look.

*Milani Powder Blush in Coral Cove*
The theme of this month is brightening products!  This coral blush, with the gorgeous rose design, does just that.  It provides such a pop of color to my lackluster face.  I really can't wait to try this color in the summer when I have a bit of a tan as well.

*Brija Cosmetics in Nothing Sexy*
Yes, I have become obsessed with my Brija Cosmetics products.  This beautiful silvery, taupe with sparkles is just gorgeous.  I have been using this almost daily as just an overall wash on the lid and it looks so stunning.  She recently came out with a Harry Potter collection and I will definitely be making a small purchase from it!  


Swatches from L to R:
Lucrative Lipgloss in Lovesick
Powder Blush in Coral Cove
Shadow in Nothing Sexy

What beauty products were you reaching for during the cold, chilly month of February? 

Purchase my Lucrative Lipgloss or any other Younique product by clicking here.

1 comment:

K said...

Congrats on your Coop!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by