Monday, April 27, 2015

Vegan Cuts Beauty Box: April

    So I have finally continued my little blogger plan of trying out a different cruelty free/naturalish beauty box each month.  This month's box is the Vegan Cuts Beauty Box.  Vegan Cuts is a brand I see frequently featured on a lot of natural/organic beauty vlogger so I decided to give it a try.

   So the Vegan Cuts Beauty Box costs $19.95 per month and typically contains between 4-7 products with a variety of full size and sample size products.  All products are 100% cruelty free and most products are organic and natural.

   I received the April Beauty Box and I must admit, I wasn't blown away by it.  I know it's not fair to judge a subscription box as a whole by only one month, but considering I am basing my review on one month and whether or not I want to subscribe to something based on one box, this one was a bummer.  Also, they don't include the prices on their information sheet (which annoys me) so my prices will be based on a general web search.



Here is what I received:

*Goddess Garden Organic Sunscreen ($3.99)*
I love the idea of an organic sunscreen as I know most sunscreens are full of chemicals.  I will be trying this out as soon as the weather decides to become spring like.

*Emani Organic Lip Shine in Blush ($16.00)*
I was very happy to see a full sized product.  While the packaging of this lipgloss is bulky, I actually really like the color.  I haven't tried it on the lips yet, but judging from the swatch it's a bit goopy, which I don't mind.

*Petal Fresh Tea Tree Oil Conditioner ($8.50 for full size)*
I love tea tree oil and I love experimenting with tea tree oil shampoos for dandruff treatment.  I must admit I have never heard of tea tree oil conditioner, but I am quite excited to give this a try.

*Captain Blankenship Sea Salt Hair Spray ($22 for full size)*
I love a good sea salt spray, and anything that has Mermaid in the title must mean it works right?  I tend to only use salt spray during the summer when I am washing or at least rinsing my hair more frequently as sea salt sprays tend to irritate my scalp.  I haven't played around with different hair textures since my hair has been this in between length so I'm excited to try this.

*Wellinhand Action Remedies Vanilla Rosemary Bug-a-boo Bug Repellent*
Last summer I discovered that I was big fan of the Honest Company's Insect Repellent, but I love this sample size one to try and throw into a beach bag or bag for a hike.  I DO NOT do well with bugs.




Swatch of Emani Blush Gloss

So I must admit, after typing this up and looking at each product, I realized that I don't think this is as much of a dud of a box as I originally thought.  I plan on using or at least sampling every product.  I would estimate the total value of this box at around $40 so it's almost worth the double the cost of the box.  

In terms of cruelty free/natural boxes, Petit Vour is still my favorite, but this one is definitely worth a shot as well.

Which one will I be trying next?? 

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by