Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Jamberry Nails Initial Review

    About a month or so ago my work family and I attended a ladies' shopping night out.  It was at this event that I purchased some Jamberry Nail Wraps.  I purchased the set called Champagne Toast.  Out of this one set you can expect to get about 4 mani/pedis.  I never purchased from Jamberry before because I was under the impression that the $15 set was only one manicure.  When I learned that I could get a few applications out of one set, I decided to purchase some sets to test out.



   If you don't know what Jamberry is/are, they are essentially nail wraps that can be applied directly to the nail and worn in lieu of polish.  I've heard different opinions on how long these nail wraps are expected to last on our fingers.  The woman who sold it to me said 7-10 days, but most reviews state anywhere from 5-7 days.

  I did have a "sample" nail applied at the shopping event and it lasted 7 days while still looking nice.  I unfortunately did not apply these as well as the vendor did.

  I have to admit the application process is quite easy.  HOWEVER, I suck at anything nail related so I had a bit more trouble filing off some of the excess nail product and cutting the wraps to the proper size/shape.  I also did not have a cuticle stick to help to get these babies to stick and I used the end of a nail file instead.


As you can see the design is GORGEOUS!  As you can also see, I sucked at the application.  I just couldn't get the wraps on as smooth as I wanted and also think I didn't size them correctly around my cuticle.  However, as my first time applying and again I suck at anything nail related I didn't do as horrible a job as I would expect.

I applied these on a Saturday afternoon and by that Wednesday afternoon I had to rip these things off.  They looked as good as the day I applied them, but every time I would run my fingers through my hair, my hair would get caught in it or caught under it.  I do think this was due to my poor application.

Here is how they looked on Wednesday.



The removal involved me just peeling them off.  Again, I think if I applied them correctly this wouldn't have been my removal process.  They did leave a little residue, almost looking like polish, behind on my nails and I was able to remove that with a cotton ball soaked in coconut oil and then some scrubbing with a nail brush.

The reason why I am calling this an initial review, is because I have another set where I want my friend to help in the application process to see if I have a better look and longer lasting effects.

Have you ever tried Jamberry? Any tips or tricks? 


No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by