Saturday, May 30, 2015

May Beauty Favorites

    Oh my word! Am I actually getting a post up on time? Yay me!  May turned out to be quite a bumpier month than I had expected.  I broke up with my boyfriend of a few months, found out I would be switching schools and STILL can not get my damn apartment the way I want it.  However, as I sit here typing this I am waiting to go get my hair done and then go to one of my best friends' birthday parties.  I'm feeling good about the luck that June will bring me!

Here are the beauty products that I really found myself reaching for in the month of May!


*Hard Candy Glamoflauge Light Blendable Concealer Duo*

So I actually made a mistake purchasing this product.  I saw the light side and thought great, I'll buy this one to use as an under eye concealer and brighten stuff up.  I didn't realize it was more of a yellow based corrector.  However, I use the yellow side under my under eye concealer and it does actually help brighten things up.  The other side I use to spot conceal prior to putting on my BB cream.  I am really liking this dual purpose product.

*ELF Eyebrow Kit in Medium*

This is a product that I owned a few years ago and really liked.  I don't know why I stopped using this. When Tammy sent me this I started using it again and I'm obsessed! It requires a bit more time than a typical brow pencil, but I'm really liking the precise results and it really lasts through the heat.

*Tarte Park Avenue Princess Matt Waterproof Bronzer*

The last 2 weeks have been mighty hot in the NY area which means my classroom has temperatures in the 90s!  This waterproof bronzer is legit and stays put!  It only works on me if I've been doing a bit of self tanning, but it's a really natural bronze color and looks especially great blended into the hairline.

*Younique BB Flawless Complexion Enhancer in Bisque*

This became my daily foundation this month (on the not super humid days) and I love it!  It applies beautifully and is the perfect match for me when I have a bit of color on my face.  It's pretty full coverage for a BB cream so I do find it a bit much for the super humid days, but if you apply with a damp sponge sparingly it could fit the bill for those 90+ days.


Swatches

*Top to bottom*
"Yellow" end of Glamoflauge Light
Concealer End of Glamoflauge Light
2 eye brow swatches (nearly impossible to see!)
Tarte Bronzer
BB Cream

So I guess my favorites were pretty dull this month, but these are all high performing products that provide a great canvas for fun eye or lip looks.  Maybe June's favorites will include a bit more color.

***
Purchase your BB Flawless Complexion Enhancer or any other fabulous Younique product here!

1 comment:

K said...

Oof, a tough month! Drop me a line if you ever need to talk.

I totally agree with you on the wireless printing. Where have you been all my life!!!

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by