Thursday, July 2, 2015

June Beauty Favorites

    I know people say this every month, but I honestly can not believe that the month of June is over.  June was a very up and down month for me.  I found out I was getting moved from the school that I felt so comfortable and happy in, only later to find out the principal I grew to adore was getting moved to another school.  I'm still slowly getting my apartment together and it's honestly taking a bit longer than I thought.

     On top of that my skin has been going bananas.  I went to the dermatologist a few weeks ago and was told I had seb dermatitis.  It's gross, but it's basically dandruff of the face.  I have been applying a prescription cream and it seems to be at bay, but I have to be very careful with products now which is really no fun!

  Other than that I actually made a great discovery.  My super sweaty summer skin loves powder foundations!  When my classroom was reaching temperatures upwards of 107 degrees, I no longer experienced foundation pooling around my eyeglasses line.  I am very, very happy with this!


*Captain Blankenship Mermaid Mane Sea Salt Spray*

I think I received this in my Vegan Cuts Beauty Box and it's really amazing.  It doesn't give my hair any sort of oily or greasy feeling and really helps to bring out any natural texture I have.  I've used it on damp and dry hair and it doesn't feel like it builds up.  However, I always experience a lot of frizz when I use any beach spray so I am trying to find a good product to combat that.

*It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation in Light*

I got this in a QVC It Cosmetics kit and I am so glad I did!  I never really thought of myself as a powder foundation girl, but this stuff is awesome.  It's described as full coverage, but I find it to be medium coverage which is what I want anyway.  It doesn't settle into my pores and doesn't run off of my sweaty face.  It's really a summer stand out for me.

*Younique Mineral Touch Cream Foundation in Organza*

Since I've been experiencing so many skin problems as of late, I wasn't comfortable with just the coverage of the powder foundation.  I used this around my dermatitis breakouts prior to applying my foundation and it works amazingly.  I also use this to cover up any bruises on my legs (I bruise like a peach) and while it doesn't cover them up completely it definitely makes them WAY less noticeable.

*Younique Moodstruck Minerals Pigment in Sassy*

I am not a fan of the color pink at all.  However, a Younique presenter posted a picture of her wearing just a pink pigment and I thought it looked so beautiful.  I've been pairing this with the product below and it gives the prettiest, most feminine look.  Pair this with some black liner and 3D Lashes and it's a perfect girly look.

*Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in Pink Evermore*

I rarely wear a single shadow color without a cream base and this pink color provides the perfect base for the Sassy pigment.  If you aren't a fan of sparkle though, this product and this combination is not for you.

*Ofra Professional Makeup Brush #20*

I have been using this to apply the Mineral Touch Cream Foundation around my breakouts and it works beautifully.  I don't typically like a paddle type foundation/concealer brush, but for applying a product that is just going to be covered up by foundation anyway, this works beautifully.


Pink Evermore with Sassy Pigment

What products were you reaching for this past month?

To purchase the Mineral Touch Cream Foundation, Sassy Pigment, or any other amazing Younique product, click here!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by