Tuesday, July 7, 2015

My Favorite Essential Oils and Their Uses

    A few months back I purchased a premium starter kit from Young Living Essential Oils.  My friend Jeanne, who is uber healthy and natural and organic, kept talking about oils in passing and I finally picked her brain about it.  She uses essential oils in almost every area of her life, personal care, health and wellness, in her home, everything.  She became a Young Living distributor so I decided to order a big kit from her, since I really didn't know where to start with oils.

   The kit I purchased came with a nice variety of oils ( 11 in total) of the highest quality in a variety of scents.  It came with some information on these oils, but I found this blog post most helpful in using the oils that came with my kit.  I was blown away with how many uses there were for each of the oils in this kit.  I was also surprised at how little of each oil was needed to be effective.  This was awesome information for me as these oils were not cheap!!

   Now I have had the kit for a few months, but I haven't played around with them as much as I would like.  I purchased a few rollerballs to create some blends for ailments such as cramps, headaches, anxiety,etc.

   However, I have played around with some of the oils and especially my diffusers and here are my favorites so far!


My full Young Living Essential Oils Collection (stored in my spice cabinet)


*Lavender*

My favorite uses are:
…diffusing it while going to bed…deepest sleep ever!
..rubbing it on my feet prior to wearing flats- really helps cut down on flat funk




*Combination of lemon, lavender and peppermint*

This trio is called the allergy bomb and it's amazing! I diffuse 3 drops of each of these and it really helps to eliminate the symptoms of seasonal allergies.


*Peppermint*

My favorite uses are…
..inhaling this when I have a headache or migraine
…rubbing it on my stomach when I am suffering from indigestion or a stomachache



*Purification*

My favorite uses are…
..diffusing this in my kitchen whenever it gets a bit stinky
..applying to a mosquito bite to cut down on the itching 


*Thieves*

My favorite use is…

..this thieves antibacterial spray..this thing cleans/deodorizes anything



*Stress Away*

My favorite use is…

…inhaling from the bottle 
..diffusing for stress relief purposes

I feel as if I'm still using these oils in the most basic ways, and I plan on utilizing these more in my daily life and also playing around with the rest of the oils in the kit.

If you are interested in purchasing any Young Living Essential oils please contact me at 
Fabulouslythrifty@gmail.com.


No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by