Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Summer Beauty Essentials

   While technically summer is half over, I feel as if it's just beginning.  I (stupidly) decided to teach a summer enrichment program and while the pay was great, as were the kids, I really feel like I didn't even start my summer vacation yet.  However, don't feel too bad.  I've already had a few road trips and a couple visits to the pool.

Here are the summer beauty essentials I have been reaching for lately in between lesson plans and workshops:



Why so many foundations????

*GloNaturals BB Cream in Light*

GloNaturals is the Vitacost house brand and I have to say, this is a decent BB cream.  I mix this with a facial sunscreen and this becomes my go to product for the beach or pool.  I'm not yet confident enough in my skin to go fresh faced at the beach.

*Younique BB Flawless in Bisque*

Another BB Cream? Yes!  This has been my day to day BB cream while at work.  This really evens out my skin and lets any tan I may have shine through.  This is perfect for not super sweaty days or my air conditioned summer school.

*Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Makeup Setting Spray*

This stuff is awesome!  I spray this on my face before applying my makeup and after.  It really helps to keep everything stay put.  I don't love the spray bottle itself as it sucks at giving an even spray, but this stuff really helps makeup stay put and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

*It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation SPF 50*

This is the first powder foundation I feel comfortable wearing on it's own.  This is perfect for those super hot, humid days or for any time I know I'm going to be out on the town and don't want my foundation pooling around my nose.  It's not full coverage like it claims, but it definitely is medium coverage.

*Tarte Park Avenue Princess Waterproof Bronzer*

I tend to get very sweaty in the summer and this waterproof bronzer really does stay put.  It's warm enough to look like a legit tan, but not muddy.  


*Younique Splurge Cream Shadow in Charming*

I love this mermaidy color.  It looks so beautiful on tanned skin and really does give a shimmering, mermaid like effect to eyes.  This, some liner and mascara and bam, I'm ready to go.

*Younique Lucrative Lipgloss in Lovesick*

I love a bright, cherry popsicle type lip color for summer.  This gloss fits that bill perfectly.  It doesn't get too goopy, which I can't stand, especially in the summer, and it reflects the sun so nicely with it's sparkles.


*Lovesick Gloss*
*Charming Shadow*

Those are my summer beauty essentials.  I am still on the hunt for a cruelty free, preferably more natural, facial sunscreen so if anyone has any recommendations please comment below!!



To purchase the Lovesick Gloss, Charming Cream Shadow, or any other Younique products, click here!!!

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by