Sunday, April 19, 2015

Dollar Shave Club Review

  Every now and then I get into a good roll with couponing, but more often than not I use a coupon or two to buy something I really need and then pay full price on everything else.  One item that I loathed spending so much money on was razors!  Razors and cartridges are so insanely over priced.

  I decided to look into some of the the online razor subscription services and heard really good things about Dollar Shave Club.  It was difficult to find a lot of reviews written by women, but considering I tend to prefer men's razors anyway I decided to give it a try.

  For my first month I decided to try "The Executive" which is their most expensive razor at $9.  $9 includes the razor handle, 4 cartridges, a sample of one of their shave products and shipping.  I find that to be an awesome deal!

  I received my first shipment 3 days after ordering it. The packaging was well done but considering my legs needed some TLC I quickly opened it.  It was packaged beautifully and the handle itself reminds me of a Shick Hydro 5.  The razor blades themselves have 6 blades, which if you look for 6 blade razor blades in the drugstore, the price tag can be well over $15.



  I personally use this razor for my legs, armpits and upper thighs.  It worked beautifully on all 3 of these areas, and I can also see it working well for the bikini area as well, but I get that area waxed.  This razor provides a nice smooth shave and I don't have to go over any area more than once, which is awesome.  Unfortunately, no matter what razor I use my hair grows back quite quickly, but this gave me smooth legs until my next shower/shave the following evening.

   Since I only use this on those few areas I am thinking of trying out the $6 razor, The 4X, which has 4 blades and a pivoting head.  If I was shaving my bikini area I may stick to The Executive, but for my legs and armpits I am going to try The 4X and then I will be able to compare the two.

   Another feature about The Dollar Shave Club that I love is their referral program.  For every person who uses your link to sign up, you get a $5 credit to apply towards your subscription or your purchase of one of their products.  My boyfriend signed up shortly after I did using my link so my April box will cost me only a $1!  If you are interested in giving this subscription service a try, please consider using my link!  Then after you sign up, use your link to get your loved ones to sign up.

Would you be willing to give a razor subscription service a try?

No comments:

FTC Disclosure

All products are purchased by me unless noted otherwise. If a product is supplied for review, this does not affect my opinion. My opinions can not be bought.
© Fabulously Thrifty. Powered by